|Produced by||Jacques Jaccard|
|Distributed by||Universal Film Manufacturing Co.|
|Release date(s)||14 August 1916|
|Running time||20 episodes|
Liberty (also known as Liberty, A Daughter of the USA) is a 1916 American Western film serial directed by Jacques Jaccard and Henry MacRae. It was the first purely western serial ever made. The film is now presumed to be lost.
Liberty Horton, an American heiress, is kidnapped by a Mexican rebel and ransomed to fund his rebellion.
- Marie Walcamp as Liberty Horton
- Jack Holt as Captain Rutledge
- Eddie Polo as Pedro
- G. Raymond Nye as Pancho Lopez
- Neal Hart as Captain Winston
- Bertram Grassby as Manuel Leon
- Maude Emory as Theresa
- L. M. Wells as Jose Leon
- Charles Brinley as Alvarez
- Tom London as (as Leonard Clapham)
- Roy Stewart
- Hazel Buckham
- ↑ "Liberty, A Daughter of the U.S.A.". Silent Era: Progressive Silent Film List. http://www.silentera.com/PSFL/data/L/LibertyADaughteroftheU1916.html. Retrieved 2008-09-16.
- ↑ Harmon, Jim; Donald F. Glut (1973). "12. The Westerns "Who Was That Masked Man!"". The Great Movie Serials: Their Sound and Fury. Routledge. pp. 317. ISBN 978-0-7130-0097-9.