|Billy the Kid vs. Dracula|
Billy the Kid vs. Dracula Poster
|Directed by||William Beaudine|
|Produced by||Carol Case|
Carl K. Hittleman
Carl K. Hittleman
|Music by||Raoul Kraushaar|
|Cinematography||Lothrop B. Worth|
|Editing by||Roy V. Livingston|
|Distributed by||Embassy Pictures|
|Running time||73 min.|
Billy the Kid vs. Dracula is a 1966 American low-budget horror/western film directed by William Beaudine. It was released theatrically as part of a double bill, along with Jesse James Meets Frankenstein's Daughter. The film revolves around the eponymous outlaw trying to save his fiancee from Dracula.
The film centers on Dracula's plot to convert Billy the Kid's fiancee, Betty Bentley, into his vampire wife. Dracula impersonates Bentley's uncle and schemes to make her his vampiric bride.
Fortunately for Betty, a German immigrant couple come to work for her and warn Bentley that her "uncle" is a vampire. While Bentley does not believe them, their concerns confirm Billy's suspicions that something is not quite right with Betty's uncle.
Eventually, the Count kidnaps Betty and takes her to an abandoned silver mine. Billy confronts the Count but soon finds that bullets are no match for a vampire. The Count subdues the notorious outlaw and sets out to transform Betty into his vampire mate. Just then, the town sheriff and a country doctor arrive. The doctor hands Billy a scalpel telling him he must drive it through the vampire's heart. Billy throws his gun at the vampire and knocks him senseless, making him easy pickings for a staking. With the count destroyed, Betty is saved and Billy takes her away, presumably to live happily ever after.
- Chuck Courtney as William 'Billy the Kid' Bonney
- John Carradine as Count Dracula
- Melinda Plowman as Elizabeth (Betty) Bentley
- Virginia Christine as Eva Oster
- Walter Janovitz as Franz Oster
- Bing Russell as Dan 'Red' Thorpe
- Olive Carey as Dr. Henrietta Hull
- Roy Barcroft as Sheriff Griffin
- Hannie Landman as Lisa Oster
- Richard Reeves as Pete (saloonkeeper)
- Marjorie Bennett as Mary Ann Bentley
- William Forrest as James Underhill
- George Cisar as Joe Flake
- Harry Carey, Jr. as Ben Dooley (wagonmaster)
- Leonard P. Geer as Yancy (as Lennie Geer)
- William Challee as Tim (station agent)
| This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Billy the Kid vs. Dracula.|
The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with Universal Monsters Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the GNU Free Documentation License.