|A Degree of Murder|
|Directed by||Volker Schlöndorff|
|Produced by||Rob Houwer|
Gregor von Rezzori
Hans Peter Hallwachs
|Music by||Brian Jones|
|Editing by||Claus von Boro|
Constantin Film (Germany)|
Universal Pictures (US)
|Release date(s)||19 April 1967|
|Running time||87 min.|
A Degree of Murder is a 1967 West German film, starring Anita Pallenberg and directed by Volker Schlöndorff. The film is widely recognised because of the soundtrack composed, produced, arranged, and played by Brian Jones (founder of the Rolling Stones), Pallenberg's boyfriend at the time. The film was entered into the 1967 Cannes Film Festival.
It was filmed in colour in West Germany in 1967.
Marie (Anita Pallenberg) shoots her ex boyfriend with his own gun, after he attempts to beat her. Instead of reporting this to the police she hires two men to help her dump the body in a construction site near an autobahn. While doing this she becomes romantically involved with both men.
- Anita Pallenberg as Marie
- Hans Peter Hallwachs as Gunther
- Manfred Fischbeck as Fritz
- Werner Enke as Hans
- Kurt Bulau as (uncredited)
- Willy Harlander (uncredited)
- Angela Hillebrecht (uncredited)
- Sonja Karzau (uncredited)
The soundtrack by Brian Jones has never had an official release, possibly because of legal conflicts. It was recorded between late 1966 and early 1967.
The musicians were:
- Brian Jones: Sitar, organ, recorder, autoharp, dulcimer, clarinet and harmonica. (Also composed, produced, arranged)
- Jimmy Page: Guitar
- Nicky Hopkins: Piano
- Peter Gosling: Background vocals, (rumoured to have played Mellotron)
- Kenney Jones: drums
- Glyn Johns: Engineer
- Mike Leander, Orchestra
- ↑ "Festival de Cannes: A Degree of Murder". festival-cannes.com. http://www.festival-cannes.com/en/archives/ficheFilm/id/2756/year/1967.html. Retrieved 2009-03-10.
|This article about a crime film is a stub. You can help the Universal Pictures wiki by expanding it.|
| This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at A Degree of Murder.|
The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with Universal Monsters Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the GNU Free Documentation License.